Information for Families staying at
the Denver Ronald McDonald House
1979-2000 Ronald McDonald House |
2001 Denver House |
Meet Our Kids |
Sky High Hope Camp
People helping families in time of serious need have made this the House that love built.
The Denver Ronald McDonald House is a non-profit organization and is operated by Ronald McDonald House Charities. The staff includes an Executive Director, House Manager, Development Director, Financial Secretary, night managers...and many, many wonderful volunteers.
We hope you find the Ronald McDonald House is a pleasant and comfortable "home-away-from-home" while your child is receiving medical treatment in the hospital or as an out patient.
The Ronald McDonald House serves families with a seriously ill or injured child being treated at any Denver area hospital. The House does not serve families who reside in the Denver metropolitan area. Families wishing to stay must live at least 60 miles away from the House.
While here, each family is asked to pay a nominal fee. Guests may speak to the House Manager if they need to make special payment arrangements.
No family will be turned away due to inability to pay.
Each family who stays at the House is given one private bedroom (15 rooms available) that comfortably accomodate 2 people. There are 11 shared bathrooms.
Bedrooms are furnished simply with beds, dressers and a bedside table. Extra cots and cribs are available if needed. Residents may also use two fully equipped kitchens, a living room, playroom, dining room and free laundry facilities.
A $25.00 refundable cleaning deposit is required at check-in.
For the health and safety of all the guests and staff, the House is entirely smoke free, although smoking is permitted on a covered patio area. Breaking of this rule is cause of immediate dismissal from the House.
REGISTRATION & COST
Guests may register from 9:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Other arrangements can be made if discussed with the House Manager.
To help cover the cost of operating the House, we ask that each family pay a nominal fee per night. If necessary, alternate arrangements can be discussed with the House Manager.
KEEPING IN TOUCH
Parents should give the Ronald McDonald House telephone number to family, friends and medical personnel - 303 area code. There is a free (outside of Colorado) long distance line located in the Manager's office. There are also pay phones located throughout the House.
House staff is available 24 hours a day.
Mail should be addressed in care of:
Ronald McDonald House
1000 E. 16th Ave.
Denver, CO 80218
Mail is picked up and delivered Monday - Saturday at the Registration Desk.
Pagers are available to be checked out from the House Manager. There is no charge for this service.
Messages will be taken when you are away from the House. Be sure to check your box upon returning to the House.
PLEASE, REMEMBER, THE HOUSE IS RUN ON A VOLUNTEER BASIS AND WE CONSIDER YOU ONE OF OUR VOLUNTEERS.
- BABY-SITTING services are not provided and children may not be left unattended at any time.
- KITCHENS must be left clean and orderly after each use. You must wash your own dishes.
- FOOD is on a supply-your-own basis, although some food is available at the House. Some service organizations provide dinners for guests on different evenings during the month.
- LAUNDRY facilities are provided, free of charge, including washers, dryers, detergent, bleach, irons and ironing boards.
- QUIET HOURS are observed after 9 p.m.
- SECURITY is maintained 24 hours per day. The House is locked at all times. Keep your room locked at all times. We cannot be responsible for theft or loss.
- PARKING is available in the lot behind the House. Do not leave anything in your car. Lock all items in your trunk. Keep your car locked at all times. We cannot be responsbile for theft or loss.
ESPECIALLY FOR YOU
- Televisions in several rooms throughout the House
- Child and adult libraries
- Toys, games and puzzles
- Video games
- Outdoor grills
- Extra supplies upon request
- Passes to Denver area attractions
- Special activities such as barbeques, parties, pot-luck dinners
MAKE SURE YOU LEAVE ENOUGH TIME ON THE DAY YOU DEPART TO:
- Clean your bedroom and bath thoroughly.
- Wash, dry, fold and return your linens to your room. Make your bed. Return towels to the House Manager.
- Remove your items from the refrigerator or cabinet.
- Pay for your room and turn in your key.
web sights by